Air Canada’s frequent flyer program, Aeroplan, has launched a partnership with Starbucks Canada that enables Aeroplan members to earn and redeem points on Starbucks (e.g. beverages and snacks).
Members need to go to aircanada.com/starbucks to link their Aeroplan and Starbucks Rewards accounts together before they can start earning Aeroplan points on purchases.
Bonus Points Opportunities
Upon linking, there are currently several promotion offers to take advantage of, some of which are limited time offers.
- Earn 400 Aeroplan Welcome bonus points for creating and linking a new Starbucks Rewards account after making the first purchase with the Starbucks App (purchase must be completed within the first month of creating the Starbucks account)
- Earn 150 Aeroplan points for loading or reloading $75 or more to a Starbucks Card
- Earn 75 Aeroplan points for loading or reloading $50 (up to $74.99) to a Starbucks Card
- Earn 50 Aeroplan points for redeeming 150 Stars 2 or more times in one calendar month (until May 31, 2021)
- Earn 25 Aeroplan points for making 4 or more qualifying transactions using Starbucks Rewards in a week (until June 6, 2021)
- Earn 50% more Aeroplan points for every $1 at Starbucks when using a TD co-branded Aeroplan credit card (until November 7, 2021)
Currently, you can redeem 1,000 Aeroplan points for a $10 Starbucks Card at the Aeroplan eStore. Though not a great redemption per point, at least it gives an alternative if people feel stuck with the Aeroplan points. Also, I would watch for discount promotions where we can potentially redeem less points for the same gift card.
This is definitely a great partnership for all Starbucks fans. My main takeaway from this partnership is that it gives Aeroplan members another way of keeping their accounts active.
Kudos to Air Canada on this one!