But for today, Air Canada has introduced new cancellation options retroactive to March 1, 2020, for flights until June 30, 2021.
New Change and Cancellation Options
There are two main new options added:
- No changes fees for bookings made up to June 30, 2020 for original travel dates retroactive to March 1, 2020 until June 30, 2021.
- In cases where Air Canada cancels flights due to COVID-19, refundable tickets will continue to have the option of refunds.
Furthermore, customers with non-refundable tickets making voluntary changes on tickets issued up to June 30, 2020, with an original travel date between March 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021 inclusive, have 2 options to choose from:
- Air Canada Travel Voucher (valid for 24 months)
- Aeroplan Miles (with a 65% bonus)
Things get really interesting with the 65% bonus miles, assuming we will one day be able to use them again!
Also, you can continue to cancel Aeroplan flight rewards and receive a full refund free of charge for flight through to June 30, 2020.
Air Canada Jetz (All Business Class)
Air Canada is introducing the Jetz aircraft on select flights as of June 1, 2020. The all business class cabin configuration has 58 seats features:
- a recliner seat with a 42-49-inch pitch
- on board Wi-Fi purchase is available
- passengers will receive 2 complimentary checked bags
- goal of reducing wait time for boarding and deplanning
The aircraft is being introduced to the following routes:
- Toronto (YYZ) to Montreal (YUL)
- Toronto (YYZ) to Ottawa (YOW)