Capital One has finally changed the name of its Priority Club World MasterCard into the more accurate Capital One IHG Rewards Club World MasterCard.
It seems that in celebration of this move, all new IHG Rewards Club World MasterCard customers will earn 60,000 bonus points with their first purchase. We previously already had a full blown analysis on the card. The only change from last time is the sign up bonus that went from 30,000 to 60,000. Here’s a quick recap:
- $120 annual fee
- Earn 60,000 bonus points with your first purchase
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at any hotel within the IHG family of hotels
- Earn 2 points for every $1 on all other purchases
- Earn 5,000 bonus points for every $10,000 you spend (no limit on how many times you can earn the bonus 5,000)
- Platinum Elite status guaranteed for the life of the account
- Extensive travel insurance
I applaud Capital One’s move. This credit card has become much more competition and definitely worth a look for everyone who enjoys IHG branded hotels.