Today we feature D’Arcy McDonald, a Senior Vice President at Scotiabank who will talk to us about the new Ultimate Package. More specifically, how we can earn more SCENE points and Scotia Rewards, as well as redemption options. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions D’Arcy!
Please tell us about yourself. What is your role with Scotiabank?
- I’m D’Arcy McDonald, Senior Vice President of Day to Day Banking, Retail Investments and Advisory Deposits. I oversee products that our customers use day to day including chequing, savings, GICs and registered investment plans.
Please tell us about this new Ultimate Package?
- The Ultimate Package is Scotiabank’s a new premium banking solution that offers customers more value and rewards by addressing their saving, spending, and investing needs – all from one package.
- With the new Ultimate Package, customers will get access to a number of benefits including unlimited Interact e-transfers, unlimited debit transactions, unlimited free global non-Scotiabank ABM withdrawals, ongoing annual fee waiver on select Scotiabank credit cards, an interest rate boost on the MomentumPLUS Savings account, no monthly account fee on a U.S. Dollar Daily Interest Account and Basic Plus Bank Account, $55 discount on a safety deposit box, preferred rates on select GICs and five free equity trades annually with Scotia iTrade. In addition, customers can choose how they prefer to be rewarded – through Scotia Rewards or SCENE points. And finally, customers can avoid monthly account fees in two ways, by maintaining a minimum daily closing balance in their Ultimate Package account or a combined balance across their Ultimate Package account and MomentumPLUS Savings Account.
- The Ultimate Package is unique in that it offers customers free equity trades, with Scotia iTrade.
What changes would you like people to pay close attention to? More specifically related to earning rewards opportunities.
- With the Ultimate Package, customers can choose how they prefer to be rewarded – through Scotia Rewards or SCENE points.
- Scotia Rewards is one of the most flexible rewards programs in Canada with more choice in where and how customers can earn and redeem points on purchases.
– Points can be redeemed for flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises and more.
– There are no blackout dates or seat restrictions on flights which can be booked on any airline, anytime, with a Best Price Guarantee on Airfare from our travel provider for up to 24 hours after booking.
– The travel cost booked on your Scotia Rewards program credit or debit card can be covered fully by paying with points.
– An added benefit with the Scotia Rewards program credit card is to pay with a combination of points with the balance charged to your credit card.
– If that’s not enough, you can book your travel first on your Scotiabank card and then use your points for up to one year after purchase to offset the cost of the trip.
– In addition to travel, points can also be redeemed for gift cards, merchandise, experiences, and even credits to your statement through the Scotia Rewards Points for Credit feature. Points can also be converted between the SCENE and the Scotia Rewards program.
On a more general note, what advice would you give travellers and “Pointshoggers” out there?
- Our customers have told us they want to be rewarded for their lifestyles. If travelling is what you love to do, then why not be rewarded for that and pick the best banking solution that can help you do more of what you love.
- Scotiabank has been ranked as having the best bank accounts in Canada for international travel.
- With the Ultimate Package, customers get unlimited global non-Scotiabank ABM withdrawals. In addition, customers get up to a $139 annual fee waiver on select Scotiabank credit cards, including the Scotiabank Gold American Express card and the Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card – both of which do not have foreign transaction fees.