With the opening of another Plaza Premium Lounge at the Vancouver International Airport and the discontinuation of a reward redemption option, I thought it would be a good time to update the list of lounges.
There are many benefits of lounge access, some lounges include: computer stations, free drinks and food, more comfortable seating, personal assistance, shower facilities, Wi-Fi, etc.
Unfortunately, we used to be able to redeem American Express Membership Rewards points for a lounge pass, but that rewards seems to have been discontinued.
You can however use your American Express Platinum Card, which gives you a complimentary Priority Pass membership. The membership allows you unlimited access to Plaza Premium Lounges when you present your credit card, along with a valid ticket for travel on that day on any airline or class of service. If you’re travelling with a guest, he or she may accompany you free of charge as well. For each additional guest, it will cost $27 USD per person, per visit.
The BMO World Elite MasterCard also gives 4 lounge passes that goes along with the Priority Pass membership.
Below is an updated and more comprehensive list of Plaza Premium Lounges in Canada:
Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
- Domestic / International Departures (near Gate 52)
- US Transborder Departures (near Gate 88)
Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Domestic Departures, Terminal 1 (on the right after security)
- Domestic Departures, Terminal 3 (between Gates B22 and B24)
- International Departures, Terminal 1 (near Gate E77)
- International Departures, Terminal 3 (near Gate C32)
- US Transborder, Terminal 1 (near Gate F82)
Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Domestic Departures (near Gate B15)
- International Departures (directly after security screening)
- US / International Arrivals (near food court before security)
- US Transborder Departures (near Gate E87)
Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport (YWG)
- Coming soon in 2015… (though it was supposed to be completed in 2014)