The CIBC Aventura Visa Business Card is currently running two highly competitive promotions at the same time. A first year fee waived and travel credit bonus. Below are the highlights of the credit card:
- $120 annual fee (first year fee waived if you apply before October 31, 2017)
- $50 annual fee for a supplementary cardholder (up to 9 maximum)
- Earn 25,000 sign up bonus points (earn 20,000 after the first purchase and an additional 5,000 after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months)
- Receive $120 annual travel credit (promotion begins August 1, 2017, and ends December 31, 2018)
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on the CIBC Aventura Rewards Centre
- Earn 1.5 point for every $1 you spend on gas and travel purchases
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on all purchases
The terms and conditions do specify that only first time cardholders can qualify for the first year fee waived promotion, but you can always try your luck at the branch.
The Travel Credit (is for the primary cardholder only) can be redeemed towards flight, hotel, car rental and vacation package bookings. If you credit against a purchase of less than $120, you will forfeit any unused credit. Unfortunately, the travel credit cannot be used towards airline redemptions on the Flight Rewards Chart.
To use the travel credit, you must call the CIBC Travel Rewards Centre. You cannot redeem it only.
After spending $1,000 on this credit card, you would have received:
- First year fee waived
- Between 26,000-27,000 Aventura points (sign up bonus, plus at least earning 1 point per dollar)
- $120 Travel Credit
I may not be a fan of Aventura points, but CIBC definitely deserves some credit card for this bonus offer.