Air Canada’s frequent flyer program, Aeroplan, and Uber Canada are expanding their partnership from only Uber Eats to also include Uber Passes. Effective, today, September 8, 2021, Aeroplan members who are also (CIBC and TD) co-branded credit cards holders can sign up for a complementary Uber Pass membership, while American Express co-branded cardholders will have to wait until November 1, 2021.
Uber Pass is Uber’s membership program that gives additional benefits to Uber users, such as:
- Pay $0 delivery fee on eligible restaurant orders
- Receive 5% off eligible restaurant orders over $15
- Pay $0 delivery fee on grocery orders over $40
- Watch for exclusive monthly benefits
In terms of the offer, there are promotional period options of 3, 6 and 12 months passes. The benefit will depend on which type of credit card that the person has.
List of Aeroplan Credit Cards
Below is a list of Aeroplan co-branded credit cards eligible for a free Uber Pass membership (free period in brackets). The credit cards are listed in alphabetical order:
- American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card (12 months)
- American Express Aeroplan Card (6 months)
- American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card (12 months)
- CIBC Aeroplan Visa Business Card (6 months)
- CIBC Aeroplan Visa Card (3 months)
- CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card (6 months)
- CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card (12 months)
- TD Aeroplan Visa Business Card (6 months)
- TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card (6 months)
- TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card (12 months)
- TD Aeroplan Visa Platinum Card (3 months)
Download the Uber App before add the co-branded Aeroplan credit card to the Uber account to link them together before processing with activating the Uber Pass.
If you already have an Uber Pass, by merging the credit card, you will not be billed the monthly subscription fee for the period of time that you have the promotion for (i.e. 3, 6 or 12 months).
The going price in Canada the moment is $9.99 per month.
The free Uber Pass membership must be activated by September 8, 2022. In the event you do not wish to continue the membership, you will need to cancel it. If you do not cancel it, you will be billed the $9.99 per month after the promotional period has ended.
I am glad to see Aeroplan and Uber Canada crank up their partnership. Since the merger between Air Canada and Aeroplan, back in November 2020, I feel like they have really become more aggressive with their promotional offers. There is talk that their partnership will continue to expand, so we are definitely looking forward to what else they have in store!