Happy Halloween Everyone!
There are no shortage of ways to earn points.
- Earn 250 points for signing up (have an activity within the first 90 days)
- Earn 200 points for paying for a VIP ticket
- Earn 150 points for paying for a 3D, Imax, UltraAVX and D-Box ticket
- Earn 100 points for paying for a General admission ticket
- Earn 50 points for creating a SCENEtourage
- Earn 10 points for every $1 spent on digital movie downloads at the Cineplex Store
Earn 1 point for every $1 spent at Sport ChekNo longer available since October 1, 2017
- Earn 1 point for every $3 spent at restaurant partners (Bier Markt, D’Arcy McGee’s, East Side Mario’s, Harvey’s, Kelsey’s, Montana’s, Milestones, Swiss Chalet and Swiss Chalet Delivery)
Earn with financial cards:
- Earn 2,000 sign up points (sometimes 4,000 or 5,000 sign up bonuses) with the Scotiabank Scene Visa Card (unfortunately there is only a once in a lifetime sign up bonus option, so if you have the card already, you mine as well keep it as churning is currently not available)
- Earn 5,000 sign up points with the Scotiabank Scene Debit Card
- Earn with the Scene Prepaid Reloadable Visa cards
Earn doing surveys:
You can also earn Scene points with Carrot Rewards (my referral code: matthewl6471) if you choose it as your reward option.
Personally I feel that these are the best redemption to choose from:
- 1,500 points for a Child General Night Out Package (1 Child General Admission movie ticket and 1 Kids Concession Combo)
- 2,000 points for a Child Premium Night Out Package [1 Child Premium movie ticket (i.e. 3D, UltraAVX, IMAX and D-Box) and 1 Kids Concession Combo]
- 2,500 points for a General Night Out Package (2 General Admission movie tickets, 2 regular drinks and 1 regular popcorn Combo)
- 3,500 points for a Premium Night Out Package [2 Premium movie tickets (i.e. 3D, UltraAVX, IMAX and D-Box), 2 regular drinks and 1 regular popcorn Combo]
- 4,500 points for a VIP Night Out Package (2 VIP Cinemas movie tickets, 2 regular drinks and 1 regular popcorn Combo)
Otherwise, here are some other good ones:
- 1,000 points for a General admission ticket
- 1,000 points for a large popcorn & large fountain drink combo
- 1,500 points for a 3D, Imax, UltraAVX, D-Box ticket
- 2,000 points for a VIP ticket
Note that there are many other reward options to choose from, but the ones above are my favourite ones. But to each their own.
Other Benefits and Perks
- Save 10% on Tuesday tickets
- Save $10 for redeeming 1,000 points at restaurant partners (Bier Markt, D’Arcy McGee’s, East Side Mario’s, Harvey’s, Kelsey’s, Montana’s, Milestones and Swiss Chalet)
Expiry policies seem to be such a hot topic lately. Especially with a new legislation coming down in the province of Ontario. For now, you need to keep your account active once every 2 years to prevent your points from expiry.
If you do not go to the movies once every 2 years, then you probably do not need to bother signing up. Personally, I feel that this is a very fair expiry policy. Hope they don’t make it worse!
Personally, I feel that the Scene program is one of the top rewards programs based in Canada. They have really diversified their business model to include many retail partners to make their ponits more valuable. Now, they are not only a movie rewards program. You can actually just earn and redeem your points at restaurants.
There is a lot of value to be had with the Scene program. I am actually a big fan. I have redeem my fair share of free movies. That main reason why I find Scene points so valuable is because of how much it costs to go to the movies. Without earning Scene points, I rarely pay full price for a movie. There is enough points to go around!
How do you feel about the Scene Rewards program?