Today we are updating the current status of all the major Canadian based airlines. I keep wondering if all of them will survive past this pandemic.
Each airline have taken their own approach on how to handle the pandemic. Several airlines have completely halted all flights. Some airlines have minimal flights.
Note that we have a COVID-19 Updates page that is continually updated.
Here’s a current rundown of the highlights of each airline.
- No cancellation fees for Aeroplan Flight Rewards for travel until June 30, 2020. Miles will be refunded, as well as any associated taxes, fees and surcharges.
- No cancellation or change fees for Air Canada flights booked after March 1, 2020. Passengers who cancel their flight will receive a travel credit that can be used within 24 months of the cancellation date.
- Aeroplan miles expiry is put on pause until June 29, 2020.
- Altitude elite statuses held in 2020 (i.e. earned in 2019), will automatically be extended through the end of 2021.
- Members can gift (done before December 31, 2020) their 2020 elite status to family or friend that will be valid through to 2021.
- One-time change fee waiver for flights before May 31, 2020, must be done at least 24 hours before the trip.
- No cancellation fee, but will receive a travel voucher valid for 24 months from original travel date.
- Extension for all unused segments on 2019 Aurora Air Passes for travel until November 30, 2020.
- All flights suspended until June 30, 2020.
- Passengers that have a flight before June 30, 2020, will receive a credit for future travel to be used within 24 months of original travel dates.
- No change or cancellation fee for flights before May 31, 2020 regardless of fare type.
- For non-refundable fares, the refund will be issued as a travel credit voucher that will be valid for one year from date of issue.
- One-time rebooking fee will be waived for flights through May 2020 (regardless of booking date), but need to pay any differences in fares. Travel changes must be made at least 24 hours before departure.
- One-time rebooking fee will be waived for future flights booked through May 2020. This extension will be valid for travel until May 31, 2021, to any destination Flair flies. Differences in fares will still apply. Travel changes must be made at least 24 hours before departure.
- Passengers with unknown travel dates will be eligible to receive a voucher for future travel valid before May 31, 2021.
- All flights cancelled until June 28, 2020. Flights resume June 29, 2020.
- Passenger who have cancelled flights will be contacted within five days and advised of their travel options.
- No change fees for flights booked before June 29, 2020, rebooked trips need to be taken within 12 months of original travel date.
- No cancellation fees, but a travel credit will be issued to be used within 12 months of or original booking date.
- All flights suspended between until June 25, 2020.
- No cancellation fees. Cancelled flights will be issued travel credits for departures to be used up to June 20, 2022 to anywhere Sunwing Airlines operates. No action needed as the original booking number is the code to use for future travel credit.
- One-time change fee waiver for flights booked before March 3, 2020, for travel before January 31, 2021 at least 2 hours before departure.
- One-time change fee waiver for flights booked between March 3, 2020 and May 31, 2020, for travel before March 12, 2021 at least 24 hours before departure.
- If a flight refund is requested, passengers will receive a travel credit in the form of a Travel Bank, valid for 24 months from the date of issuance.
Please feel free to share any updates in our comment section below!