Sunwing takes off this winter officially launching direct flights from Ottawa to St. Maarten, a recent vacation hot spot situated in the Caribbean’s. With an endless number of beaches, dive sites, and activities ranging from mountain biking, windsurfing, kayaking to deep sea fishing, St. Maarten has been established as a vacation paradise for travelers facing the winter up North.
This nonstop flight is scheduled to begin operation on December 15th, 2014 flying from Ottawa to St.Maarten and vice versa one flight a week. Passengers flying via Sunwing Airlines are entitled to receive a complimentary meal, award-winning champagne service, leather seating and first run movies at absolutely no extra charge. This is what Sunwing calls their Elite Service.
It’s not necessarily your go-to airline, but Sunwing has seemed to step up the game offering premium services such as a free first checked baggage and exclusive direct flights. It has been confirmed that those flying to St. Maarten and back can take advantage of this free first check baggage service, which recently Air Canada and WestJet has withdrawn.
Personally, I have never flown Sunwing due to the negative reviews I’ve heard from friends and family for the services they offer. It makes me question whether Elite Service is just standard procedures offered by fellow airlines. But hey, it’s not exactly fair to judge a book by its covers; I will definitely be testing out this new air route this winter.
Additionally, we can find Sunwing is jumping onboard early opening a number of nonstop Caribbean flight routes. Here’s a few more additions for this year and the beginning of 2015:
- Starting December 18, from Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport （YOW） to St. Peterburg/Clearwater.
- Starting October 25, from Toronto Pearson International Airport （YYZ） to Saint Lucia-Hewanorra.
- Starting December 12, from Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport （YUL） to Barbados.
- Starting December 13, from Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport （YUL） to Cayo Largo del Sur.
- Starting November 14, from Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport （YUL） to Rio Hato.
- Starting November 9, from Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport （YUL） to St. Lucia.
- Starting February 12 in the new year, from Greater Moncton International Airport （YQM） to Orlando.