We created a tab on the menu bar for the most recent COVID-19 updates on as many relevant loyalty programs that affect Canadians.
Since the page will be continually updated, you may not see a snap shot of the information at a specific point in time. Every now and then I may post the snap shot of that day in the regular blog posts. The reason I do this is to give everyone a comment platform to help us update the list as much as possible. The hope is to have a one stop shop for all relevant programs that affect your situation with quick hyperlink access. The links provided below are direct to the COVID page on each respective website.
This is a significant revamp from my last update which was more focused on when to call into the loyalty companies. This post is focused more on the cancellation policies.
- Members can cancel Aeroplan Flight Reward free of charge until March 31, 2020 and the 12 month expiry policy is put on pause until May 14, 2020.
- Contact if you are within 36 hours of your scheduled travel date, or if you are currently at your destination and need assistance with your return travel.
- Bookings made before March 31, 2020, can be cancelled with no cancellation fee. Passengers will receive full credit, which can be used towards travel before March 31st, 2021.
- Extending the travel period for all unused segments on 2019 Aurora Air Passes from end date of April 30 2020 to June 30, 2020.
- Please reach out only if you need to travel in the next 72 hours. Distinction on refund process for tickets purchased on or after February 26, 2020.
- American has extended its offer to waive change fees for customers who purchased tickets prior to March 1, 2020 for travel through May 31, 2020.
- No change fee on all bookings made for travel from March 3, 2020 to May 31, 2020.
- Can modify or cancel reservation without a fee for travel until April 30th 2020 regardless of fare type. For non-refundable fares, the refund will be issued as a travel credit voucher that will be valid for one year from date of issue.
- Bookings made on or before March 23, 2020 for travel until May 31, 2020 can be changed with no rebooking fee.
- Closure of all locations (including theatres, The Rec Room and Playdium) through to April 2, 2020.
- Tickets booked for travel in March or April 2020, or booking in March 2020, qualifies for waived change fees.
- For flights in March or April 2020 (regardless of booking date), one-time rebooking fee will be waived, but will need to pay the differences in fare for future travel. Passengers with unknown travel dates will be eligible to receive a voucher for future travel valid until March 31, 2021.
- Full changes or cancellation (even those described as non-cancellable) without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival made by April 30, 2020.
- All existing reservations for stays up to April 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before scheduled arrival.
- No cancellation fees for existing and new bookings at all IHG hotels globally for stays until April 30, 2020.
- Full changes or cancellation without charge (including reservations with pre-paid rates) up to 24 hours prior to arrival for stays before April 30, 2020.
- All operations temporarily suspended from March 20, 2020 until June 1, 2020. Passengers will receive a travel credit by Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
- Suspending all southbound flights between March 17, 2020 and April 30, 2020. Customers are eligible to receive a future travel credit in the value of the original amount paid. No action needed as the original booking number to be used for future travel credit.
- For travel up to May 31, 2020, there is no re-booking fee.
- No cancellation fee with full refund to include all travel through May 31, 2020.
- All new flights before March 31, 2020 will be allowed a one-time change fee waiver, but must be made more than 24 hours before departure.
- No cancellation fees for existing and new direct bookings for stays through April 30, 2020.