**UPDATE** [March 22, 2020] We temporarily moved this post to the menu bar and will continue to update from there instead.
**UPDATE** [March 20, 2020] THIS POST WILL BE KEPT AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE TEMPORARILY. Newer posts will show up just below. If you see anything that can be updated or missing, feel free to share the information with us in the comment section below so that we can keep this post as updated as possible.
Loyalty programs across the board have implemented temporary solutions to deal with any COVID-19 related matters. Below is a list of hyperlinks to useful information. I also included a small blurb for each company that may be more commonly relevant.
I tried to include companies more relevant to Canadians, but please let us know in the comment section below if you see any other links that we can add to the list (in alphabetical order).
- If members want to Aeroplan Flight Reward, they can do so online at no charge through March 31, 2020 here: Manage your bookings. The 12 month expiry policy is put on pause until May 14, 2020.
- Contact if you are within 36 hours of your scheduled travel date, or if you are currently at your destination and need assistance with your return travel.
- There is a distinction between bookings made on or before March 4th, 2020.
- Extending the travel period for all unused segments on 2019 Aurora Air Passes from end date of April 30 2020 to June 30, 2020.
- Contact centers are holding an unprecedented level of calls right now. Please reach out only if you need to travel in the next 72 hours.
- Waived change fees for customers who purchased tickets prior to March 1 for travel through April 30. The offer is available for any of American’s fares and customers have until December 31 to rebook travel for future flights.
- Experiencing extremely high call volumes. Call only if you are travelling in the next 72 hours so they can help those needing urgent rebooking.
- Will continue to provide essential passenger and cargo services to the people, communities and organizations we serve, regardless of these circumstances.
- Bookings made on or before February 4, 2020 for travel until May 31, 2020 for any ticket to, through or from Hong Kong, can be changed with no rebooking or rerouting fees.
- Closure of all locations (including theatres, The Rec Room and Playdium) through to April 2, 2020.
- Tickets booked for travel in March or April 2020, or booking in March 2020, qualifies for waived change fees.
- Full changes or cancellation (even those described as non-cancellable) without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival made by April 30, 2020.
- Points earned and elite status extensions.
- Waiving cancellation fees for existing and new bookings at all IHG hotels globally for stays between March 9, 2020 and April 30, 2020.
- Full changes or cancellation (including reservations with pre-paid rates) without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival made by April 30, 2020.
- To help prioritize passengers travelling within the next 72 hours, please only phone call centre if you are scheduled to fly within this time.
- Experiencing high call volumes. The best way to cancel booking, the best way to do so online.
- Please only call if your travel is within the next 72 hours to prioritize those with more immediate plans.
- Extended cancellation policy with full refund to include all travel through April 30, 2020.
- Call centre wait times are higher than expected. Customers are encouraged to only call if travel is within the next 72 hours. Passengers have up to 2 hours before the flight to take advantage of the current flexible change/cancel policy.
- Guests who are prohibited from traveling to their booked hotel under applicable law will have their cancellation or change penalties waived on direct bookings.