Hilton Honors added a new option to redeem their points with Lyft. This is only available in Canada and the U.S.
Hilton Lyft Integration
Basically, Hilton members can select a fixed amount of points they’d like to redeem in exchange for Lyft credits. Then, at the time of the Lyft ride, members can spend those credits.
Hilton Honors is also adding two other enhancements due to this new partnership:
- In-app functionality allows members to request a Lyft ride during their hotel stay, with their hotel location automatically populating as the pickup location. The Hilton Honors App gives members control of personalizing their travel with integration with Lyft.
- Share with friends and family allows members to redeem points for Lyft credits and gift them to friends or family this holiday season.
Earning Hilton Points with Lyft
Keep in mind that you can already earn Hilton points with Lyft rides:
- Earn 3 Hilton Honors points for every $1 USD spent on Lyft rides
- Earn 2 Hilton Honors points for every $1 USD on Lyft shared rides
- Up to a maximum of $10,000 USD in spending with Lyft per year (i.e. earn up to 30,000 Hilton points per year)
Redeeming Hilton Points with Lyft
The redemption increment credits are as follows (Hilton points = Lyft credits):
- 4,500 points = $10 credit
- 11,250 points = $25 credit
- 22,500 points = $50 credit
- 33,750 points = $75 credit
- 45,000 points = $100 credit
So you don’t get more points per dollar for redeeming higher increments. But it is useful to have those options for gifting the credits.
Lyft in Canada
At the moment, Lyft only operates in the province of Ontario in the following cities, with expansion in mind:
- Richmond Hill