Back in March of 2021, Starbucks and Air Canada’s frequent flyer program, Aeroplan announced its partnership.
They are currently offering an unlimited 70 Aeroplan bonus points opportunity for every $20 (before tax) spent at Canadian Starbucks airport locations.
Keep in mind that there is also the 50% bonus Aeroplan points for every $1 spent using TD co-branded Aeroplan credit cards until February 14, 2022.
How it works
Below are the steps to get the process going to earn Aeroplan points at Starbucks, as well as to earn the 70 bonus points.
- Link Aeroplan ad Starbucks Rewards account at aircanada.com/starbucks
- Earning Aeroplan points with the following activities:
- Earn a one-time bonus of 400 Aeroplan points for creating a new Starbucks Rewards account (not available to existing Starbucks members) and link the Aeroplan account and make the first purchase using the Starbucks app within 30 days of creating the Starbucks Rewards account
- Earn 150 Aeroplan points for every $75 or more load or reload on the digital Starbucks Card
- Earn 75 Aeroplan points for every $50 to $74.99 load or reload on the digital Starbucks Card
- Earn 70 Aeroplan points for every $20 purchase (before tax) at participating Starbucks airport locations in Canada (from November 4, 2021 until November 14, 2021)
We value each Aeroplan point at 1.5 cents a piece, so it comes out to about $1.05 worth of points. It may not seem like much, but that’s more than a potential 5% return ($1.05 / $20 = 5.25%), which is decent as a bonus opportunity.
I probably would not go out of my way to make a purchase at Starbucks at the airport, but if I am a Starbucks fan or you can expense your meal with work, I would definitely look at getting to the $20 mark and load up on these bonuses!