Marriott Bonvoy made some new announcements regarding certain promotions, and we also mentioned a reminder of things that carried over from the year before.
Seems like the first part of 2021 is going to be a tough time to travel. Keep in mind that at Pointshogger, we do not endorse any sort of unnecessary travel. However, if you do have an essential trip, do watch out for these promotions to help boost your accounts.
Highlights starting in 2021
Elite Night Credits
Members are eligible for 50% deposits of their Elite Night Credits (ENCs) based on their 2020 Elite status tier to get a head start in 2021 toward elite status for 2022. Watch for the ENC’s expected to be deposited in February 2021.
There is a 30% reduction in the $20,000 spend threshold (i.e. now it is $14,000 requirement) for attaining Ambassador Elite status for 2021.
Look for a 10% reduction in off-peak redemption rates globally for all reservations through September 30, 2021 booked between January 11, 2021 and February 21, 2021.
Double the Points
For any stays of 2 nights or more between February 16, 2021 and April 27, 2021, members will earn double the number of points and elite night credits.
Reminders carried over from 2020
- Elite status earned in 2019 is valid to February 1, 2022.
- 50% of ENCs were deposited into members’ accounts based on their 2019 earned elite status.
- Free Night Awards (originally set to expire in 2020) are extended to August 1, 2021.
- Suite Night Awards earned in 2019 (part of the 50- and 75-night annual choice benefit) that were to expire the end of 2020 are extended to December 31, 2021.
- Points expiration paused until August 1, 2021.