With all that’s been happening in the world and more specifically in the rewards industry, it was time to revamp our Pointshogger 101 page.
You may have noticed a theme on our site, ever so often, there are so changes to the industry. So keeping up with the changes is an ongoing topic. Here are some of our previous posts that highlighted a milestone in the industry:
- 10% Cash Back on Fire! (September 2020)
- Miles and Points Strategy While Staying at Home (March 2020)
- My Miles and Points Strategy Going Forward (March 2020)
- New Direction for Pointshogger (November 2017)
- Another Shift in the Miles and Points Industry (December 2016)
- What to do in a Declining Miles and Points Industry (August 2016)
- What’s Next in the Game of Miles, Points and Cash Back (March 2016)
- A Possible Industry Shift from Miles and Points to Cash Back (December 2015)
During the current state, frequent questions that are coming up are:
- Should we even bother with miles and points? -There is a common misconception that miles and points is only tied to travel, but it’s not true!
- Which credit card should I sign up for? What is the best credit card out there right now? -These questions will always be out there regardless of what state we are in.
- What is the best rewards program right now? If we sign up for a lot of them, how do we even manage them all (I do not want so many cards in my wallet)? -All good questions till now.
Most of our answers will not be a direct answer as it depends on everyone’s situation. This is why we created a “Getting Started” post under the title of: Pointshogger 101. This page provides a step by step guide to get you going. Secondly, you will find the Understanding Credit Cards page, which explains the different type of rewards that you can earn.
When looking for information on our blog, there are 2 main ways to do so:
- Use the Topics feature on the menu bar. By hovering on the tab, you will see a drop down menu with more specific topics to choose from.
- Alternatively, you can type in key words on our search bar found under the Topics tab on the left hand side.
Additionally, feel free to let us know in the comment section below, if you would like to see any more introductory information that you would like us to add to our Pointshogger 101 page!