See also: What are Interviews about?
Before we talk about what the interview series is about, we just wanted to share some history of Pointshogger. We launched our site back in October 2013 and it has been quite a journey since then. We met lots of amazing people that we thought we would never meet (mostly virtual). Over time, we have tried to keep up with the changing times.
Below are some of the key milestones within the miles and points industry that made us rethink our strategy:
- Updated “Understanding Credit Cards” Due to Changing Times (December 2020)
- Updated Pointshogger 101 Due to Changing Times (December 2020)
- 10% Cash Back on Fire! (September 2020)
- Miles and Points Strategy While Staying at Home (March 2020)
- My Miles and Points Strategy Going Forward (March 2020)
- New Direction for Pointshogger (November 2017)
- Another Shift in the Miles and Points Industry (December 2016)
- What to do in a Declining Miles and Points Industry (August 2016)
- What’s Next in the Game of Miles, Points and Cash Back (March 2016)
- A Possible Industry Shift from Miles and Points to Cash Back (December 2015)
Today, we add to this list.
Over the years, our readers have noticed a lot less activity on our site or wish they saw more in depth content. But changes to the personal lives of the Pointshogger team has slowed us down, but did not stop us completely.
Going forward, you will probably continue to see our trend of 8-12 posts per month. One thing that we would like to put more emphasis on is our interview series. We now added a section on the main menu bar (called “Featured Interviews”) to make it more prominent and will be discussed more later in this post.
Even though it feels like we could do more, there are other amazing Canadian bloggers who have really held their own in the miles and points game.
Other Canadian Bloggers
If your interests do not align with our content, then we are more than happy to redirect you to a select group of bloggers who have really leveled up over the years and we are definitely fans of their work too. Check out our friends over at:
- Rewards Canada – oldest Canadian blogger in the rewards industry (over 20 years)
- Prince of Travel (interview) – exploded to much more than just a blog
- Points Miles and Bling (interview) – amazing consistency with great content
- UPDATED May 18, 2022– Frugal Flyer (interview) – newest up and coming
Back to talking about our interview series, which was originally designed to be launching platform for up and coming websites. Now, it has grown into a lot more. We have featured CEOs, founders and high level executives from a wide range of companies (big, medium and small) in the industry who would like to promote their product or service. The goal is to have some of our readers’ most pressing questions being answered directly from the source, rather than just reading about our interpretation of their ideas.
Now we wish to grow the participation to our interview series.
Reach out to us to participate
So, if you are a company who would like to promote their product or service in our interview series, send us a message in our “Contact Us” section found near the bottom of the page. If the product or service is relevant to the industry, we will get back to you with next steps.
If you already participated with us before and would like to promote something else, reach out to us again for a follow up interview!
Readers, thank you for your support!
Most important of all, if you are a reader, thank you so much for all the support that you have given us over the years. Feel free to share your thoughts on who or what you would like to see more of in our interview series in the comment section below!